Harambee Charter School receives federal funding through Title I, Part A – Improving Basic
Programs. Harambee is expected to received an estimated $424,000 in federal funds under
Title I, Title II, and School Improvement. Federal programs provide financial assistance to
schools with high percentages of economically disadvantaged students to ensure that children
meet challenging state academic standards.
Since more than 40 percent of the Harambee Charter School student body is classified as
economically disadvantaged, Harambee uses Title I funding to operate a school wide program
to upgrade the instructional program for the whole school. Our school wide Title I program is
based on effective means of improving student achievement and includes strategies to support
Harambee will use our Title I funds to:
- Employ instructional aides to provide daily assistance to classroom teachers.
- Provide high quality mentoring program, and professional development for all staff.
- Hire and retain highly qualified instructional staff members to ensure a first class
- Offer individualized test preparation to students via Study Island.
- Provide support for students who perform below proficiency through tutoring
- Purchase upgraded curriculum materials for reading, grammar, phonics, vocabulary,
math, social studies, science, etc.For additional information, please contact the Title I Coordinator at main office at (215) 472-