Established in 1997, Harambee Institute of Science & Technology Charter School is one of the first African-centered charter schools formed in the state of Pennsylvania. With a focus on Science and Technology, Harambee is an elementary public school serving over 525 students in grades K-8. Harambee prides itself on delivering an academic experience to students in a loving, safe, and culturally rich environment. Learn more at www.histcs.org
HISTCS is heavily focused on new programming that puts students in the position to develop 21st century skills, such as creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking. Harambee is seeking an experienced certified teacher (facilitator) to become a part of the school’s instructional staff and manage the maker space facility. The right candidate will teach the students the design thinking process (As defined by Stanford’s Dschool), cultivate the students’ design thinking skills, facilitate the creation of student-designed projects, tie the math and science concepts used in the projects back to the homeroom curriculum, and orchestrate community demonstration events. The maker space facilitator will be assessed on the quality of the students’ work and their presentation performance(s).
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and appropriate Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) certification and qualifications prescribed by law;
- Minimum 1 year of design thinking practice in a k-12 setting, or participation in non-profit educational programming;
- Demonstrated technical skills for the design and making process;
- Ability to train and mentor colleagues in design thinking and making in the classroom;
- Previous experience in organizing and hosting community events.
- Earned Instructional Technology Specialist certification
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. HISTCS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HISTCS complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com