Established in 1997, Harambee Institute of Science & Technology Charter School is one of the first African-centered charter schools formed in the state of Pennsylvania. With a focus on Science and Technology, Harambee is an elementary public school currently serving 525 students in grades K-8. Harambee prides itself on delivering an academic experience to students in a loving, safe, and culturally rich environment.
Harambee Institute exists to offer our community an education with a focus on the origins, current status, and future of the African world. Our mission is to educate students to succeed as global citizens with a clear awareness of “who I am, where I am from, where I am going, and how I get there.” Our vision is a collective and informed African-American community utilizing science and technology as a means of promoting education for self-reliance, locally and globally.
➢ ELA enrichment teachers for grades 1st – 8th
➢ Math enrichment teachers for grades 1st- 8th
➢ Computer Science teacher
➢ Science teacher with knowledge of STEM instruction in elementary/middle school education and a background in Project-based learning (PBL)
Under the guidance of the 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant – Cohort 8, the HASA Instructor shall provide grade-level academic instruction in accordance with the overall mission of HISTCS, and within the guidelines of the HASA program. The after school instructional program is designed to be complimentary to the day school curricular program.
Reports to: HASA Program Director
Term: September 13th – May 25th (Monday – Friday); 3pm – 6pm.
Include but not limited to:
1. Develop lesson plans that will be shared with parents.
2. Plan and deliver instruction as outlined in the HASA program design, including periodic assessments.
3. Maintain records on student progress.
4. Conduct pre and post academy assessments.
5. Collaborate with other HASA instructors.
6. Use technology to promote creative and collaborative learning.
7. Attend all required staff and parent meetings.
8. Participate in professional development and training.
9. Adhere to all policies and procedures as established by the HASA program, including clocking in and out using the time clock.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in education or a related field
2. A minimum of one-year experience as an instructor in a school, after school, or tutoring setting.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, satisfactory clearance of FBI, criminal, and child abuse background checks.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is September 6, 2019.
HISTCS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HISTCS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com