Established in 1997, Harambee Institute of Science & Technology Charter School is one of the first African-centered charter schools formed in the state of Pennsylvania. With a focus on Science and Technology, Harambee is an elementary public school serving over 525 students in grades K-8. Harambee prides itself on delivering an academic experience to students in a loving, safe, and culturally rich environment.
Harambee is seeking an experienced and dependable individual to be a part of the managerial
team as the Facilities Manager. This position will assist and advise leadership of building
design, planning, and construction aligned with the mission and goals of the organization.
Ensure that facilities are functioning according to all operational codes. Direct building
maintenance staff and contracted services. Assist leadership with projections and budget
monitoring of facilities related cost.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in facilities management, design and construction, and/or real estate development or equivalent education and experience.
- Ability to manage resources within budget constraints.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Knowledge and understanding of national, state and local codes.
- Demonstrated experience working with others as part of a team while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of internal controls and systems HVAC, water and electrical
- Ability to make general contractor repairs on school grounds and footprint
- Ability to develop long term Strategic Facilities Master Plan
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to the following email address:
HISTCS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HISTCS complies
with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com